Me

Me
A Fireside Chat?

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

About Me


About Me
What can I say about me? I am finally retired and much like a paper kite I am free to drift, lingering only when the breeze whispers in my ear that it is a good time to just be.But to be more precise in the introduction I will tell you a story that may partially explain why I am about to do what I am about to do.

When I was in the fifth grade the child sitting directly across from me fainted (probably bored to unconsciousness) and fell on the floor. Eventually she became conscious and the teacher got her to her feet and led the wobbling girl towards the door; as she headed towards the nurse's room the teacher instructed the remaining students to "take out our your pencil crayons and do something creative".

When she returned I was sitting straight faced amongst a few tittering classmates with hands folded on my desk top and pencil crayons dangling from every orifice in my head. I suppose I looked like some sort of maniacal jack-o-lantern but I thought it was creative. The teacher obviously did not; she sent me to sit out on the fire escape until I had regained my senses.

It was one of those spectacular fall days with a sky so blue you could drown in it and I wasn't about to return to the spelling lesson that was going on inside. Instead I whiled away the rest of the afternoon "trying to regain my senses" until the bell rang and everyone left for the day with me forgotten on the fire escape. In many ways I am still sitting out on that fire escape!

Posted by jen at 7:35 AM July 27, 2008

No comments:

Hadley

Hadley
This is MY Giraffe and I don't want it Packed!

Gertie

Gertie
Soon to be Our Home on Wheels