Me

Me
A Fireside Chat?

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

So this is what it has come to . . .

This is my new bed . . . compliments of Rubber Maid. That’s one of my new pillows that I still haven’t adapted to but I am working on it, and hey: when compared to my new bed, my new pillows are a dream (no pun intended).

My old bed left last Friday along with our family room furniture (that’s me in the lawn chair watching the news on Saturday morning and trying to wake up after the first night on my “new” bed). Our patio furniture is gone too. I think that it is time for us to move into Gertie except that she has to go in this week for an oil change, new filters etc. before we can move in.

We are still packing, un-packing and re-packing trying to prioritize, trying to be reasonable about what should go and what we should simply find storage for and leave behind for another year. And OMG what do we do with the really big TV? We could put it on the bed in Gertie since I now know that it is possible, with enough padding, to stretch out on Rubbermaid containers, although I have to say that I wouldn’t recommend it as it does leave you feeling a little punchy and insensible in the morning.

We’ve also done a little cooking to try and load up Gertie’s freezer with some things that would make some reasonably healthy meals that also taste good at the end of a days driving without going to a lot of trouble. Mike: did you know that your recipe for Fettuccini al Coccio-Fettuccini with Creamy Porcini Mushrooms and Pancetta Sauce freezes beautifully? It’s certainly not as good as yours but we love it still! You have brought new meaning to gluten free pasta!

And we have been shopping.

Let see . . . we have a ton of cheese, we’ve got some cereal; some for me and some for friends, and some cinnamon sticks. The bucket of maple syrup and bags (?) of summer sausage will be in our possession within a week.

Cath has gone in for her second to last day of work this morning and will be finished forever on Wednesday afternoon . Yeah!!!!! We haven’t started any sort of official count down yet but the day of departure draws near and we still have so much to do and then: the goodbyes . . .

1 comment:

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

Oh man Jen! Its getting closer!
I can't stress how happy I am for the both of you! This is a whole new chapter in your lives.
Remember to bring your camera and por favor tome muchas imágenes. :> )
~Karin

Hadley

Hadley
This is MY Giraffe and I don't want it Packed!

Gertie

Gertie
Soon to be Our Home on Wheels