Me

Me
A Fireside Chat?

Monday, August 4, 2008

Introducing Cath

Time for More Introductions

This is Cath’s blog too but I realize that she will never get around to introducing herself and even if she did she couldn’t come close to explaining herself. She is a complex mix of: kindness, conscientiousness (except when it comes to timekeeping) fun, joy, spirituality, fairness, civic mindedness and absolutely anal when it comes to obedience. She is morally tough to live up to so I don’t really try and she is probably one of the most honest, ethical individuals that I have ever met. You can be sure that if Cath is telling you a lie it is because she has forgotten the details of the truth!

She has accused me of being stubborn and I suppose I am a bit but I couldn’t hold a candle to Cath’s persistence. I will have long given up on something that Cath will eventually accomplish via her absolute unflinching desire to accomplish the task (usually something mechanical) BUT can she change the toilet paper roll when it is empty or figure out how to get her laundry to the hamper in the pantry? I think not!

Cath has the meticulous habits of an accountant and the spirit of a bag lady.

It is Cath who gives my life ballast; makes me laugh til I cry and cry til I laugh. She is the soft surface that I bounce my lunatic ideas off of (some of my ideas stick while others fall away with a single look). It is her strength that allows me to make the tough decisions in life and it is her unfailing love that makes me stronger than I am naturally.

She has the old fashioned (another term for crazy) values that tempt her to throw her coat on the muddy surface for others to walk on lest they get their feet wet. She stops at this extreme example of love and hospitality probably because I am in charge of the laundry.

She lets me away with murder but holds my feet to the fire over a misspelled or an “inappropriate” word in a game of scrabble (it’s still a word Cath!). She does cross word puzzles in ink and hates it when I draw a few extra boxes on the puzzles to accommodate a word where no space existed before my artistry.

She is as necessary to me as is breathing. I don’t pretend to understand the dynamics of our thirty odd year relationship nor do I completely understand the outrageousness of my blessings when it comes to Cath, but I long ago realized that some things in life just are and for me Cath just is!

2 comments:

Cookie said...

I can certainly tell what this special Lady means to you, Jen! Thank you for letting us get to know a little more about Cath ... by the way, do you do her hair ? It looks awesome ♥

Mathieu said...

I think we should all be as blessed as you and Cath.

Hadley

Hadley
This is MY Giraffe and I don't want it Packed!

Gertie

Gertie
Soon to be Our Home on Wheels