Me

Me
A Fireside Chat?

Sunday, November 9, 2008

I WON!!!!!

We were at the Chapala Yacht Club art festival yesterday and just before we left Cath and I bought tickets on a draw. A few minutes ago we got a call to say that we have won a prize although the caller did not know what the prize is. That’s OK though; the prizes were all contributed by the artists at the show and every thing is beautiful.

It was such a perfect day - hot sun, no humidity – a made to order day for wandering around and looking at examples of the various mediums and the entertainment that I took lots of pictures to post to the blog. As for our prize, our amigos Fran and Bill have agreed to collect the winnings as they had plans to return to the show today and they also have plans to come here tomorrow so viola! . . . everything is perfect.

I wish everything was perfect at home. Although things are improving daily, my Dad continues to be hospitalized and that has been a great worry for the last two weeks. Mary and Mike and of course my Mom have kept me up-dated daily but still being this far away is hard. I knew that this scenario was a part of what I had bitten off when I left Canada but the reality of it sure has made for tough chewing. My Dad’s fragile health was and is the one thing that sits like a rock in my brain and makes all activity a little leaden.

There are ties that bind and ties that strangle. I am so fortunate to be “bound” by the ties to my family and friends and as we were preparing to leave this last year parent, family and friends said, on several occasions, that although they did not want us to go they did want us to take this time in our lives to experience everything that is desirable and within the realm of our own possibilities. I have very generous parents; although I have no children I recognize how painful it must be to let your children go at any age.

Anyway enough of the maudlin; I did mention that things are looking up and hopefully my Dad will be home this week thanks to the ingenuity of my Mom who is having a stair lift installed this week.
 
Posted by Picasa

I just have to draw your attention to the girls in the white dresses. Not only are they beautiful kids but their posture is impeccable. Those are glass votive holders on their heads and after several dances, some of them quite lively, there was not a single broken holder!

No comments:

Hadley

Hadley
This is MY Giraffe and I don't want it Packed!

Gertie

Gertie
Soon to be Our Home on Wheels